As IT has evolved, Application Security has become an increasing vulnerability for many companies. At NXGN, we take a deep dive into your operations to uncover the true roots of the challenges. Why? Simply put, we’ve been in your shoes. There’s always more to the story than what meets the eye.
Do these challenges sound familiar?
- The traditional Secure Software Development Lifecycle isn’t suited to the agile, developer centric model most enterprises have adopted.
- Many applications being released on a 2 week cycle – the traditional time for a single application security assessment.
- Application security engineers are expensive and in great demand, many enterprises don’t have a dedicated appsec team.
- Large fleet of legacy applications – mostly unmaintained and locked into EOL (end of life) technologies.
- Application sprawl – 100’s of apps and microservices being maintained by a small security team can lead to things being missed.
- Use of node.js, there was a knowledge gap on the appsec team regarding this emergent technology.
- Developer resistance/skills gap/lack of security training.
- Compliance requirements.
Here’s what you did:
- Bolstered security and coverage by implementing controls at the application layer via Jenkins.
- Leveraged application tier security controls for node and java.
- Engaged consultants to assess larger web applications
- Crowdsourced testing on apps that previously had little coverage.
- Targeted security training for key developers, that focused on the technology stack.
Results you can be proud of:
- Application security was embedded directly into the SDLC, giving developers insight into the vulnerabilities in their code.
- Implemented policies to block attacks at the application layer – giving greater insight and controls.
- Increased coverage by 200% on legacy applications.
- Fostered a culture of security with the various development teams, leading to code being written securely the first time.
- Appsec team became much more nimble – aligning with the agile pace of development.
Make this your success story! Contact NXGN today and start a conversation about how emerging technologies can benefit your organization.